14/11/2016 Gisou no Fuufu

     So I spent almost the whole yesterday watching Gisou no Fuufu!

     I took no screenshot and while it isn't fun having a full text babble, it was nice watching without having to pause the video every other minute.

     I was... looking at the list of latest drama on dramania. I mostly concentrated on finding good Japanese drama. I favourited some, thinking they might be interesting and I should perhaps watch the first episodes and decide from there whether I would like to continue or not, but it would be nice if the drama has already reached completion because waiting for a new episode simply vanish my interest to almost non-existent and you know how extremely lazy I am, so while my interest on the drama won't 100% disappear, my interest to get myself around to resume watching it again would be close to sea-level. And I just wrote a completely gibberish babble, right? Nice.



     So while looking through the list and so far down scrolling, I did not favourited Gisou no Fuufu. I favourited some other before it or after it, but not Gisou no Fuufu. I felt then maybe it wasn't so good, judging from the description, but thought perhaps I should give it a try.

     Then I gave it a try.

     And I liked it!!!

     My opinion is the theme or the feel of the drama is typical to that of Japanese dramas. Well, non-suspense, non-mystery dramas, at least. I feel that it has a good mixture of comedy and slice of life and that certain Japanese quirkiness. It's a great one. I enjoyed it very much. It has similar feel to Second to Last Love.

     And I REALLY like the opening scene of every episode. That scene where Chouji has to melt Hiro's ice. And at the last episode, or was it the 8th episode? he melted her ice with just a hug.

     "Can I hug you? Though I'm already hugging you."

     Chouji is cute. Though I'd prefer it if he was a bit more manly, the way his body move. I'm sorry, I really just can't be totally comfortable watching the way he moves.

     The drama touched delicately on LGBT topic. Well, it mostly revolves around it. I don't mind it.

     But frankly, I HATE the ending. So basically, Chouji and Hiro got together, but Chouji can't love her, body and soul, so Hiro proposed that they should just stay together in a way that both of them are comfortable in. As lovers (?), they don't have to have intimate physical relationship. To me the whole arrangement at the end is more like, friends with benefit. Or is it more like best friends with benefits? Chouji get to be his gay self, but he also gets to be together with Hiro? What does Hiro get? To stay with him because she just oh so love him? Well, I think that the arrangement is unfair, and to be frank I was hoping that Chouji would be able to love her body and soul AFTER they had to go through the whole cryfest (poor Yuu-chan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), after everything. I was hoping that he would love her, body and soul, especially since it was him who re-approached her when she was trying her hardest to restrain herself and move on, when she almost able to let him go and move on, then he had just have to drag her to his own pace, breaking through her resolution just because his heart can't stop beating after their reunion AND THEN to end up with him not being able to love her, body and soul. That was so... anti-climatic, me think. Ugh, I would totally be fine if they just ended the drama with Chouji and Hiro with both of their respective partners and I'd be left to the fantasy that Chouji and Hiro still have lingering feelings towards each other and my mind can play the fanfiction where both of them admit their love and live fairly happily ever after together. Ugh, ugh, ugh, guh, ugh, ugh.


     By the way, Hiro is really beautiful. I wonder who is the actress. I'm really not good with remembering the actors and actress as I mostly just care about the characters instead of the people who play them. Ah, Amami Yuki. What did I watch her with her as the starring actress, again? THE QUEEN'S CLASSROOM!!!!!! Uwaaaah...

     I found me some pictures.







No comments:

Post a Comment